Resources and tips for Apple Computers
Resources for Search Engine Optimization, Web Marketing, or just everyday work from Sante
- Docking Station – Gizmodo – This Apple docking station patent shows a screen base in which you can slide in a MacBook through its side. While this would be difficult to do with current MacBook models, it fits perfectly with the idea of the ultra-light, ultra-slim MacBook that allege
- New Apple Dock Patent Offers Glimpse of Brilliance– bub.blicio.us – a new Apple patent application with the much-rumored subnotebook and a new docking station.
- Mac OS X Tip: Add Quit to the Finder Menu – Sick of not being able to exit Finder? A quick terminal command will add a "quit" option to the menu in Finder. This means you can run Finder like any other Mac application.
- Featured Mac Download: Use a Screensaver as Desktop Wallpaper with Wallsaver – Turn your desktop into a photo slideshow using freeware app Wallsaver. Wallsaver is a very simple application written in AppleScript that replaces your wallpaper with the current screensaver
- Featured Firefox Extension: Grab and Edit Images Online with Picnik Extension – edit images entirely within your browser with the Picnik Firefox extension, a free download that adds right-click functionality to online image editor Picnik
- Featured Mac Download: Customize Your Mac with TinkerTool – Freeware customization utility TinkerTool tweaks hidden settings in all corners of your Mac, from modifying Finder and Dock features and effects to adjusting your system fonts. Similar to system tweaker Onyx
- Mac Tip: Route All Your Internet Traffic Through a Proxy – You already know how to send all your Firefox browsing traffic through a secure connection to a proxy, but blogger Albert Lee describes how to route ALL of your Mac’s ‘net connections through a proxy, including IM, email and web using any browser (like Sa